Wednesday, September 3, 2008

More details???

It was suggested that I needed to share more details about my pregnancy - due date, etc. But, I don't have anymore details! All I know is that I'm pregnant, there's a bit of discrepancy as to how far along I am.. I honestly have no clue. So, I'll keep you posted as we figure it out!

SIMPLICITY

I'm inspired today by simplicity. Yet it is so difficult to create it in our lives today. I marvel at the constant motion of everything around us, I wonder how we don't exist in a constant state of vertigo. Cell phones buzzing, ringing, dinging, "New Text Message," or "Voicemail." Emails, Ipods, noise, noise, noise and distractions -
When was the last time you tried to read a book to one of your children? What happened? Phone rings, oven timer dings, doorbell chimes, other child starts crying or is hungry, dryer buzzing - more laundry to fold....it's crazy. And for me, it takes a serious effort to BLOCK OUT all of that distraction, and stay focused on the most important - that one on one moment with a child (or two, or three, or soon-to-be four!)
I love where we live - in the mountains, b/c it is far from a city and can help remind me of the need to create a space for SIMPLICITY in my life. Simplicity brings peace, happiness, focus, and closeness of relationships. No wonder there's such drastic opposition to it!

My dream, honestly, is to live on a large plot of land, with a huge, organic garden, a clothesline, a horse or two, and mountains and ocean nearby (likely, in Fiji.) I would wear a skirt or dress nearly every day and sing like Maria VonTrapp to my 10 children. Okay, this fantasy has gone far enough, but that is my dream.

3 comments:

Marcee said...

Sometimes in the middle of all the chaos, it is nice to hear someone say... "Go ahead, relax, and enjoy lifes little pleasures..."

Alisa said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I think your dream sounds lovely. I would love to be on a Pacific Island out there doing just this. Probably without the 10 kids, though, just for my sanity. Maybe a couple. And some dogs and cats.

My recent post was on a similar topic, although I managed to turn it all off just for one night. It was heaven. Tonight's another thing. I'm still at work, and will be for awhile...

Jen Lee said...

Well, I have the clothes line thing down! Korby made one for me and I LOVE IT!!!!! Our energy bill is down dramatically, as for the 10 kids~ I'll leave that one to you! You're almost half way there!!!!!!