Friday, March 20, 2009

Pet Peeve


Today is my due date - I swore I wouldn't let my due date bother me, that I'd let it come and go and just enjoy this "natural" process thing. However, with my husband working out of town, 7 hours away, I really wanted to make sure he'd be here. So he has a whole 4 day weekend off and has to return on Monday and I was feeling a little anxious to get things going by today. However, nothing is happening. I had some contractions yesterday following my pedicure and full body massage and Cafe Rio dinner (I tried)but they stopped. I think it was a good thing b/c I was up all night with a kid coughing his head off- nothing soothed it, and he had an earache - nothing stopped the pain. So today I was able to get all 3 boys checked out. Now I think we have everything to help them feel better, so maybe I can go into labor?


But my real PET PEEVE for today, is probably a small thing when you're NOT an overtired, overdue pregnant lady. Here it is: When I go to a pediatrician's office and I see kid after kid coming OUT of the office with a sucker, I seriously want to shout! I considered putting a sign on the sucker dish that said, "Take One - it's our job security." So your kid is there b/c they're sick and they will likely get some RX antibiotic and then are sent out with sugar, which depresses the immune system and is seriously only detrimental to the body and mind!?! I don't get it. I just don't get it. It really does not strengthen my faith in medical personnel.

6 comments:

Jen Lee said...

That's funny. I didn't think anyone did that anymore. Our doctor passes out stickers. Good luck over the next couple of days. I hope everything goes well and that you are able to enjoy this experience. Keep us updated!

Krissy said...

Good luck getting that baby here!! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Kristin Lynne said...

I think other people had a harder time with my due passing than I did! I wasn't worried that John wouldn't be there, so it was a different situation, but honestly, babies don't go by any kind of calendar! It's funny to me that people (not you) put so much stock in a due date. :) God times.

Kristin Lynne said...

oops. I meant to say good times! Sorry!

Karla said...

Hey Angel... just checking in. Any updates on the baby yet? Hope you and the boys are well, can't wait to see your new little blessing.

fijiangirl said...

Our doctor passes out stickers and sometimes sugar free suckers. I don't mind the sugar free suckers because we have already gotten a lecture about shopping at our local farmers market and only eating healthy foods! Sorry the baby isn't here yet... I hope he/she comes soon? I forgot did you tell us what you were having?