Saturday, December 29, 2007

Inspired by Elder Ballard


I have been wondering what purpose blogging could have in my life, if any, other than a medium on which to spread Christmas wishes. Then my husband told me of the comments made by Elder Ballard at the December graduation ceremony at BYU-Hawaii.


"May I ask that you join the conversation by participating on the Internet…to share the gospel and explain in simple, clear terms the message of the Restoration," he said.



A tremendous idea! With all the spam and smut on the internet, why not provide experiences of faith?

And never has there been a better time, with so many Americans searching for reasons whether or NOT to vote for Mitt Romney, "The Mormon," why not stand up take the opportunity to be heard?

As a side note, I asked myself one day, "Will I vote for Mitt Romney because he's a Mormon?" After a short time pondering that question, I then realized the answer is, "NO!......I will vote for Mitt Romney because he is a GOOD Mormon." (There is an important difference there.)


So thanks to Elder Ballard's invitation, Sai and I have decided to blog our "scripture journal" conversations here. We will be discussing and sharing thoughts from our personal study with eachother, and anyone else who stops to read.

4 comments:

Testing said...

Great thoughts! I started using the "Stand a little taller" book in November and write personal notes about the quote & scripture of the day from the prophet. Plus, blogging is journaling in disquise, so I'd have some spiritual plus our updates- need to start doing that again. We love hearing stories about your family too!

i'm erin. said...

Muy Excellente! I love your blog, and I love the spiritual converstations. It has always been frustrating to me that the holiday seems to be overburdened with gift buying and seeking santa instead of seeking the savior! And really, who gave the best gift...(ok, I will stop because I tend to have diarrhea of the blog mouth...) Anytime you want to come up north to PG (where i live) you can always stay here. Before we moved to HI, we had remodeled a home, Mark used to own a painting co. with his bro. in law, and they also knew how to do a lot of construction...I just like to do the interior design, so it works out great when we work together on a project.

luv erin

p.s. my email address is (this is coded just in case there are crazies out there) firstnamelastname@thatsburningmail.com (you need to figure out what 'that's buring' means)

Jen Lee said...

You guys are awesome! Always setting such a great example for others! I am hoping to make it down with Korby for the UCMA conference this spring. It would be sooo... much fun to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to your insights and conversation. I am always looking for a boost. I have been anxiously awaiting your next post to see what your going to do with your blog.