Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The other day....I met a BEAR...A great big Bear...




Oh way out there!


I was running early in the morning, on a trail IN TOWN - right down a residential street, when I saw a fluffy "black dog." As my eyes became more focused, I realized it was a REAL BEAR! "Oh, so cute!" I thought. Then realized, "Wait a minute!!! This is NOT Hogle Zoo!" It looked right at me. I stopped running, so as not to encourage a chase. Then I grabbed for my cell phone to get a photo, but the bear turned and ran into the back yard of the home it was near. It was awesome!


Earlier in June, I was in Salt Lake City, running in West Jordan, and I saw 5 peacocks on the side walk. This week I was running near Snow Canyon in St. George and I saw 2 bunnies. I feel like a regular forrest ranger. I love animals in nature!




Update on the cleanse....


Unbelievable - I'm sorry I haven't been able to blog more regularly, but let me say, Sai and I have gotten more out of this then we even hoped for. It has been LIFE CHANGING not just physically, but emotionally, socially, mentally and spiritually.


Starting with me - I have lost 15 lbs of FAT! I weigh now what I did in middle school. I am sleeping so well, in REM, having dreams and getting rested. I have more energy --- I'm waking up at 5 a.m. to go running. And if I were not in marathon training, perhaps, I would not even realize what FUEL it is to my body. But because I am running hard, I have seen it spur my strength and endurance and even speed. I'm running at a rate that I hadn't even hoped for.


(I planned to train for a 10 minute mile marathon, and now I'm doing 9 minute miles.)


Plus - my baby is able to take sips of my shakes in the morning and night and he no longer needs the RX laxative that 3 pediatricians recommended. He is gaining weight, eating better, sleeping longer and having regular, healthy BM's.


Next, dear Sai .....


He has lost over 30 1bs! He is in shock and TOTALLY ELATED!!! He's exercising every day, loving it, and feeling his strength increase, great sleep, and a new mental clarity. He is TOTALLY CONVERTED!


We have learned so much about nutrition - my favorite is the difference (and benefit) of CLEANSING VS DIETING. Cleansing is a gift of gratitude and health for your body - whereas dieting is about food restriction and self inflict :)


I'll share more in coming days (including photos as soon as I see Sai again!)


Here's a glimpse of "before" photos taken the 1st week of June - Kudos to Natalie Norton (http://www.natalienortonphoto.com/ go there to see more photos of our family.)








6 comments:

Marcee said...

I am shocked at how great this cleanse thing is going.. That is awesome! I need something like that.

Kristen said...

Yay Naivalus! You look beautiful, Angel. :)

Patria said...

Angel I love that second picture of you! You are beautiful! You guys look great. So happy about the cleanse...

Marcee said...

Your family is so adorable!!

Nandango said...

Hey glad to hear things are going so well for you! The pics look great!

Natalie. said...

Um, so why no one has commented about the BEAR is beyond me.

Cleanse, yay.

Bear: WHAT THE HECK!

You say "I reached for my cell phone. . ."

And I'm thinking "to call 911" or "to throw at the bear" or "to call Sai to tell him I loved him before I died" but no no no. . . "to get a picture."?!?!?!!!! What the heck? You FREAK. FREAK. FREAK. I'm so glad you are alive.