Monday, November 17, 2008

Washington DC trip photos....finally

Dad and Maika at Jefferson's home - Monticello (you can't see the home, but it's a cute pic.)
Little George (Sikeli) at Mt. Vernon, George Washington's plantation. Visiting this spot was Sikeli's goal of the ENTIRE trip. As we walked down the lane, he took my hand and told me this was the best day of his life. At that moment, it was mine, too.

Did we forget Maika? No, he was sleeping in the stroller - but Maika - we DID take you to the White House.


The Capitol. Exciting?



Jefferson's Home - Monticello - another highlight. Jefferson is my hero. What unbelievable genius contributed to the founding of our nation.




Stonewall Jackson's House. (Sikeli demonstrating his position as a Yankee. He made Aisea carry the confederate flag).





Washington and Lee University.






The Air and Space Museum - Smithsonian Institute







Safari Park - feeding animals right from our car!








Washington DC temple.









It's nice to finally get our trip photos uploaded and have a look at them. What great memories.

6 comments:

Marcee said...

I love that you were able to just get out and take this awesome trip!! My boys ask me all the time to go there. Zackary especially... he is really into history and America!! I love it!

ali said...

I'm so sorry we missed you while you were here!!! What a great time you had...I can't believe it, you did more on your vacation than we've done the whole time we have lived here..ha, ha ha!

Jen Lee said...

How neat to be able to visit so many important places as a family~ especially with the politics going on right now in our country. What a great reminder of how it all started. And it goes without saying that your whole family looks great!!!!

Sherry said...

I'm so glad you took your trip--and it looks like you all had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Pics look great and the trip looked fun. Lucky you!!

Natalie. said...

You guys belong there. I swear your kids loved that more than they would have loved Disneyland. You two are such wonderful parents!