Thursday, January 22, 2009

I'm on a ROLL!

Another book! I'm working on this one right now, bit by bit. I attended a retreat this past weekend where this book was heavily referenced. I love the scientific information about brain function. It is addressed towards building a business, but quite readily gives examples in personal and relationship areas as well.
The biggest "ah-hahs" for me so far are:
1. There is no empty space anywhere. Beyond molecules, atoms, then protons/neurons, the smallest discovered elements of the universe are called "energy." Beyond that, "information," which I interpret as "intelligence." Where have I heard that before?
2. Everything, and everyone, is connected by energy - in grad school we learned of Carl Jung's "collective unconscious," and it seems well explained here.
3. A summary of my reading to this point, in my own words, "Our lives are our thoughts materialized."
Mosiah 4:30 has profoundly new meaning.
"But this much I can tell you, that if ye do not watch yourselves, and your thoughts, and your words, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and continue in the faith of what ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord, even unto the end of your lives, ye must perish. And now, O man, remember, and perish not. "
WATCH OUR THOUGHTS. How do we do that? Just observe everything that exists in our close proximity, physically, psychologically, emotionally, socially, spiritually, financially....It's all an illustration/depiction of (created by) our thoughts. Hmmm.

2 comments:

Kristin Lynne said...

Oh to have time to read! I'm so jealous!! We read our scriptures in bed right before saying our prayers...and that's about as good as it gets right now! I'm so proud of you though, for becoming a reader. As an avid reader I can tell you that nothing compares to a great book!

* Nancy * said...

Interesting quote. "Our lives are out thoughts materialized." --something to think about. That is an eye opener for me, I guess I never thought about it that way.