Thursday, August 6, 2009

Just In Time!!!

I was JUST getting to the point of no return when it comes to my frustration with CDs! I love having kids songs and audio books to play in the car and at home, however, it seems no matter how hard I try to protect the CD's, they scratch within months. I've tried copying them and keeping an "archive" original, yet WHAT A HASSLE! I love what they learn from audio books and how their creativity and thinking emerges, (in contrast to TV). It introduces them to more classic stories and lessons and values being taught in age appropriate language and broadens their interests.

At the library this week, I discovered that they carry Playaways. Are you all onto this already? If not, check this out!

http://www.playaway.com/

It's a digital book! No skipping CDs, no cassettes, just a book. Plug in the headphones and take it anywhere. You can check them out at the library...or, I just discovered that you can rent them via the mail!
http://www.simplyaudiobooks.com/
This is incredible! I am SO signed up for 3 books at once - my running has just been revolutionized! Think about it...I can run AND LEARN at the same time! I am SO JAZZED!

No comments: